Refined final outcome
Reflection and Evaluation of the project
Overall, I think I was right to narrow down the focus on one Nocturnal animal since it would involve a lot more research and it might make the whole exhibition flow quite messy. Looking at my progress, I think I'm happy with the brochure which I made in the end, combining the proposal and the poster together as one. The most important thing which I learned from this project is time management, which is something I still need to improve on. Researching on the Owls took a lot longer than expected, meaning I didn't leave enough time to develop the elements of the proposal. Also, I focused too much on the 3D drawing at the beginning (attempting to draw floor plan), but didn't actually use the sketches in the end. It was a nice experience learning how to use 3D modelling software such as SketchUp, and I wish I knew the software well enough to execute my idea with that.
Although there is definitely room for improvement, I'm proud of this outcome as I have spent a lot of time understanding the subject matter, and also have taken into account the needs of the visitors (families and young people), which makes me a more empathetic designer.